Wednesday 27 August 2014

Surprise: She Used Juju To Marry Me - Husband Tells Court.

A woman, Rianat Aguntasoolo has urged the Grade C customary court at Agodi-Gate, Ibadan to dissolve her 8-year-old marriage over her husband abandoning her for his first wife and not living up to his responsibilites.

The woman told the court that her husband, Lukman Aguntasoolo left her for his first wife saying: “There is always trouble in our home because we fight nearly everyday. He has abandoned me for his first wife. Lukman doesn’t cater for me and our children.”

“The moment I challenged him for not performing his duties at home he began to accuse me of committing adultery. He would go as far as checking my belongings and spying on me all the time.”

Related: My Husband Slept With My Best Friend – Wife Tells Court

She also accused him of going to her shop to destroy goods worth thousands of naira.

Meanwhile, the husband, Lukman responding to her allegations accused her of sleeping around, saying the children from their union did not belong to him.

He also claimed that his wife had been involved in an extral marital affairs with an Alfa who rented her an apartment before he met her.

“I later opened a shop for her. I thought Rianat was going to change from her old ways but she rather became worse. She would go out and come home late in the night. Rianat is promiscuous, I don’t want her as my wife any longer,” he said.

Lukman accused Rainat of using diabolic means to marry him, after he allegedly found devilish materials (juju) in her wardrobe which he brought as evidence to the court.

The court decided that the case between the couple was complicated, adding that DNA test would be needed to determine the father of the children.

Chief Amusa Makinde, the court president, adjourned the case till 27 August.

No comments:

Post a Comment