Wednesday 27 August 2014

Promise: Newly Elected Fayose Promises To Leave Government House In 2018

Peter Ayodele Fayose who was governor of Ekiti State in Nigeria from 2003 to 2006, and was declared as the winner of the June 21 governorship election in Ekiti State in 2014 has announced his plans to serve only one term.
The newly elected Ekiti State Governor, Ayo Fayose, whose inauguration will take place on Oct 16 2014, promised not to run for a second term in office and assured that his deputy, Dr. Olusola Eleka, won’t succeed after Fayose’s tenure expires in 2018. This information was made available to newsmen during a media conference in Ado-Ekiti on Sunday, 22 June.

As the Nigerian Constitution does not allow an elected office holder for the same office more than twice, Fayose will have to quit in 2018.

EKITI ELECTIONS:
This Is What Governor Kayode Fayemi Has To Say About Ayo Fayose’s Victory.
“I have taken one and I will take another one in October. After that, I will find my way to my house. Again, I have chosen a deputy governor and I have told him from the beginning that the two of us will pack our load and leave the Government House because I don’t want a deputy that will start playing politics behind me when we are in government and will be distracting me. I don’t want that again.”


Soyinka Reacts Over Governorship Elections In Ekiti

Fayose also expressed his willingness to cooperate with Fayemi to ensure peace in the state. During a courtesy visit to Fayemi in his office on Monday, 23 June, 2014, Fayose described the incumbent governor as an unusual Nigerian leader and called him his brother.

“Fayemi is the leader of our state as of today. He has conceded defeat. He is my brother and forever will remain my brother. He has contributed his quota, he has done his best like every other governor that has served and we must continue to give him the necessary respect that he deserves,”.

No comments:

Post a Comment