Saturday 23 August 2014

Keshi purely pronounce that NFF are not serious.

According to BBC, Out of contract head coach Stephen Keshi has said that the Nigerian Football Federation and said he can’t wait no more.
He told BBC: “Talks over a new contract shouldn’t drag on. I can’t wait any more – the NFF is not serious.

“I have moved on. I can only wish the country well for the future.”

“I’ve had about seven countries approach me in the last two months but I kept them all away.”

Talks have been going on since Maigari left the post of NFF national chairman and the acting leader promised to get Keshi back.

“There’s a game in two weeks [Nations Cup qualifier against Congo] but no-one is thinking about it and at the same time they expect you to win,” Keshi continued.

“I understand the ongoing crisis facing the federation but the national team should not suffer from such at this crucial stage.

“Sadly, I also think attention is focused more on the upcoming NFF elections and the national team is simply not a priority.”

“I’ve had about seven countries approach me in the last two months but I kept them all away,” he added.

“I love my country and I am aware of the dream our fans had of me taking this team to the next level.

“While acknowledging the efforts of some people involved in the negotiation, I think others probably have other important things to do.”

Nigeria has already named a team for the games against Congo and South Africa next month despite not having a coach.

Nigeria is also expected to face Sudan in Group A with the top two advancing to January’s finals in Morocco.

No comments:

Post a Comment